I am unable to create an Epic

stephen coles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2020

the following error occurs ... A rationale that supports the business impact statement with tangible impacts articulated: A rationale that supports the business impact statement with tangible impacts articulated is required.

Please advise

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

You have a field called "A rationale that supports the business impact statement with tangible impacts articulated" that is set to be mandatory input for your Epics in that project.

Either make it optional, or make sure it is on the "create issue" screen so that you can enter something for it.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

Hi Stephen  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It sounds like there is a required field somewhere. 

Maybe take a look at the Create transition in the Epic workflow to see if there is a Validator attached to it. 

Or like at the Field Configuration to see which fields are Required. 

Suggest an answer