How to track how many bugs were generated in a Story?

Jakeline
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to create a dashboard to track how many bugs have been logged per story.
I'm using a link type to link defects to stories.

Some JQL and gadget suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hi @Jakeline 

I would use something like the following:

issue in linkedIssues("STORY_KEY") and issuetype = "defect"

This would produce the defects of the specific story. 

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2023

Hi @Jakeline,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option would be our app Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira.

With our app you can create a dynamic custom field which displays the number field of a specific type. Our app works with Jira expressions, but we offer a template for your use case.

After installation you simply

• Navigate to the Dynamic Custom Fields config page
  • Select the template "Number of issues links of a specific type"
  • Edit the expression and exchange the link name "Blocks" with the name of the issue link that you're using to link defects to stories
  • Save
  • Add the newly created dynamic custom field as any other custom field to your issues

You can use the number field for JQL and issue statistics as any other Jira number field. 

dynamic-custom-fields_issue-links2.png

If you need help editing the expression, feel free to reach out to us. 

Dynamic Custom Fields config page

dynamic-custom-fields_issue-links.png

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

I'm not aware of a built-in view for this, but if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'd find options there. E.g., this should be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies; these can be created based on Jira's built-in parent/child relationships, or based on issue links. With this, you can build a view similar to this in just a couple of clicks:
issue-link-hierarchy-v2.gif

This view is based on "relates to" issue links, but you can use any issue link type(s). As you can see above, the view remains fully interactive, meaning that you can work on your issues directly in JXL (but also trigger various operations in Jira, or export your data to CSV or Excel in just a click). Issue-link based hierarchies can also be combined with JXL's other advanced features, such as bulk editing via copy/paste, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events