How to track Capacity ?

Sam May 24, 2024

Hello All, 

I would like to be able to create a capacity plan or report directly from Jira. I currently have the following tools to utilize that will help me build the capacity for our teams and they are: Structure and Roadmaps. A few things I am struggling with: first and for most we have not transitioned to an agile way of working and using hours instead of story points.

I found Roadmaps challenging to use and have heard Structure may be a much more flexible tool. In Structure I have a challenge creating teams and adding their availability.

How can I go about adding a developer and the capacity they have within a sprint timelines that are a part of a release? 

I have added a view in Structure I have been working on. In the bottom half of the view you see I am able to get the developer's name, but to the left - it shows the hours they have spent in current issues. How can I edit these numbers to add the capacity they have on a day's work?Capacity Planning.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2024

Hi @Sam 

I would recommend reviewing: https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/structure/9.0/data-center-and-server/sprint-planning-with-structure-173310624.html

If that doesn't provide enough answers I would recommend reaching out to the vendor and they can provide support!Best

Clark

Suggest an answer