How to show number of passed or failed test cases in test execution via X-ray automation send mail

Dhiraj Kumar Sinha June 16, 2024

I have created the automation rule in X-ray for sending the mail whenever the test execution status shifts from To Do to Done. Now I want to show in the mail body the total number of passed and failed test cases which are present in the test execution. How to do that?

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2024

Hi @Dhiraj Kumar Sinha -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is this a question about automation in Xray or in Jira's built-in automation rules?

• If in Xray, I recommend checking the vendor's documentation or contacting their support team
  • If in Jira's automation, please post images of your complete rule, specifics of your actions, the audit log details, and describe what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer suggestions.

Kind regards,
Bill

Dhiraj Kumar Sinha June 19, 2024

Hi Bill, I am not sure about that. I am sending you the screenshots of the automation page. Can you please let me know whether this automation belongs to Xray or JIRA?Screenshot 2024-06-19 131744.jpgScreenshot 2024-06-19 131903.jpg

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2024

Thanks for those images; this appears to be a Jira automation rule.

When you want a count of issues meeting some criteria in a rule, I recommend using the Lookup Issues action with JQL on the conditions: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Lookup-issues

For the matching issues, the count would be the size of the list of issues:

{{lookupIssues.size|0}}

Dhiraj Kumar Sinha June 20, 2024

Hmmm let me try & i ll get back to you on this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events