How to set Security Level on an Issue in Jira Service Management Cloud

Aashutosh Kumar October 13, 2021

Hi,
I am trying to set up Issue Security level, did all steps as per configure-issue-security-schemes .
But I cannot find Security Level Field anywhere in Jira.

• Project Settings -> Permissions -> Actions -> Edit -> Set Issue Security -> Project Role (Administrators)
  • Issue Security Scheme & Security Level along with members added to Project.

security level.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

As covered earlier, you need the field on the create/edit screen (note that it may be named just "Level" in some places, there's a couple of places where it is inconsistent), and you need to have the "set security level" permission.

But there's a third thing - you have to be selected by any security level that you want to set on the field.  If you are not selected by any level, then there's no point in seeing the field - you can't set it to anything, so Jira doesn't display it.

0 votes
Kerli Loopman January 24, 2023

I seem to have similar issue. 

I have JSM project which has Issue Security Scheme set. I do have the "Set Issue Security" permission. 

I have two Security levels and one of them is default. I bulk edited all the old issues to this default level. image.png

Unfortunately I can't see the lock icon to edit the level. I can edit the level with bulk edit though but I can't see the level in Issue view but when checking particular issues with JQL, I can see that level is set. 

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Aashutosh Kumar 

As the link you provided states, "The security level lock icon will only appear if there's a security scheme set for the project. Only users with permission can set the issue security level."

Have you associated the security scheme with your project? If you go to the screens where you want to add the security level to, when you start typing in Security Level to the fields dropdown do you not see this field?

Aashutosh Kumar October 13, 2021

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ 
Issue Security Screen has been associated with the Project.
But I cannot find Set Security Level Field anywhere in the Issue Screen,
Can you tell me, where to find this Field or How to set Security Level on any Issue?

Henri Volk _amily_ September 13, 2022

Hi you need to have the "Set Issue Security" project permission.

Like Naif Almutairi likes this
Diffusive5915 October 24, 2022

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ Hello, I am a administrator user at my company and I also do not see anywhere to change the issue security.

I am an administrator.

Capture.PNG

I am part of the proper group

Capture2.PNG

Like Eric Dagenais_admin_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin