How to select "Agility" project type

Patrick Heck January 8, 2019

I'm trying to set up a project and I see lots of posts/discussion about "Agility" project type, but when I go to create a project in the welcome intro it's not there? I can think of reasons neither Scrum nor Kanban will be a great fit, so I wanted to try out "Agility". I only see scrum/kanaban and "explore classic templates" I'm logged in as the account owner (my customer is not very technical and wants me to set things up for him). 

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2019

Hi @Patrick Heck,

There was a renaming from agility to next-gen projects. So, if you want to create a Next-Gen Project, you have to use "Try a next-gen project" in the Create Project - dialog:

nextgen1.png

And then create an "Open Project" in the next step.

When I select that it defaults to Kanban, If I select change template I get choices of Kanban and Scrum... nothing called "Agility" (see third option discussed here: https://www.atlassian.com/agile/kanban/kanban-vs-scrum)Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.14.01 AM.png

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2019

You can create next-gen projects with Kanban or Scrum boards.

There's no dedicated agility board anymore, as far as I know. The agility options were added to the Kanban and Scrum board in the next-gen projects.

Well that's disappointing. Sure would be nice if they cleaned up their online info, at least adding a note that it's been removed. Delayed half a day thinking there was a 3rd option.

Oh it gets even better. There's apparently a difference between scrum chosen from classic and scrum chosen from nex-gen. WHY does it have the same title if it's not the same thing??? had to remake the project because I had clicked on classic templates looking for the "Agility" type and didn't realize it was now showing me a a different "scrum"! If it's not the same, don't give the same name *sigh*. Call it Scrum-NG or something...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2019

My guess is that you're on Server, which doesn't have agility projects (only Cloud has them)

Nope, on cloud (customername.atlassian.net), I also notice that it's not available in the create project screen in my own organization either. Also my not very technical client is unlikely to have installed and configured their own server :)

Suggest an answer