How to restrict particular issuetype (bug) movement to particular Issuetype (Story or Task).

Saravanan Ravikumar July 24, 2019

Need to restrict the Issuetype (bug) movement to particular issue types (story or task) , User (role wise) should able to move only to particular issue type mentioned not all the available issue types.

Is that possible to restrict in such way?

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

I don't fully understand the question, but I think you are asking: How do I limit creation of certain issue types to certain user roles?

You can create a Validation rule in the workflow for the issue type that restricts success to a specific role. This won't prevent someone from seeing the issue type in the list of issue types, but it won't allow them to successfully create that issue type.

This should work for Move as as Create.

Generally speaking, moving an issue from one type to another indicates a poorly-designed process. Moving issues should be a special case and not something that is built into your process.

Suggest an answer