How to represent a workload for a person

Simon SSt November 1, 2012

-- Jira version used: v5.1.4#783--

Goof afternoon,

My company is just starting to use Jira as a ressource management.

My team is made of about several consultants in charge of software upgrade. This upgrade is made of several tasks of different duration.

What we want to do is track their activity in Jira:each step defined as an issue and eventually define some sub-tasks. Each step will have a due date.

For the moment, our template is very basic (no component nor version defined). We only use field "Due date" and "Original estimate".

Based on this, how can I visualize the workload of a person? or to be more precise can I see the workload only with field dueDate and OriginalEstimate.

I try the different report or gadget but my feeling is that I cannot see the progress for each tasks, if we estimate the duration correctly or if I'll have deviation. I cannot see if my colleagues are overwhelmed or if they still have slot for extra tasks.

As my company purchased GreenHopper, my first modification would be to use FixVersion field so I can track with BurnChart the progress during sprints that might be based on FixVersion.

Thanks all for sharing your knowledges

1 answer

0 votes
Radek_Darebný March 16, 2014

As far as I know, this can be achieved only with 3rd party addons.

Suggest an answer