How to refresh jira from one instance to other

Manju Nambiar February 21, 2013

I have two instances of JIRA - DEV and PROD. I would like to refresh DEV with PROD data. What is the best way to do this?

We have some testing to be performed for a feature we implemented. We would like to have a copy of production data to ensure that testing covers all scenarios.

Thanks, Manju

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2013

Either recreate the dev database from a dump of live, start Jira, re-license it with a dev license and then reindex it, or take an xml export of live and import the whole thing in live.

Make sure that you disable trackbacks and incoming and outgoing email on the command line in Dev

-Datlassian.mail.senddisabled

-Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled
-Datlassian.mail.popdisabled

Manju Nambiar March 3, 2013

Hello Nic,

What are the steps for re-licensing after starting JIRA? Won't there be an license conflict if there are two applications started with same license? Will it not be easier to update the database entry for JIRA DEV and then start the application?

Thanks,

Manju

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2013

It will stop and ask you for a new licence key if it wants a new one

You won't get a licence conflict if two are running on the same licence, as far as I know

I've never updated the licence in the database - it's always asked!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events