• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to override Default Assignee when creating Sub-tasks? Post-functions not working.

We've started to try automatic as much as possible of subtask creation through post-functions, and among those I have tried setting both of the following post-functions:

• Copy Value From Other Field - Assignee to Assignee and Copy from parent:
    The field 
    Assignee will take the value from Assignee. Source issue is the parent, destination the sub-task.
  • Assign to Reporter: Assign the issue to the current user. Please note that the issue will only be assigned to the current user if the current user has the 'Assignable User' permission.

But every time we try to create a sub-task the Assignee is still set to the Project Lead. The users have 'Assignable User' permissions, so that shouldn't be a problem here. But for some reason these post-functions are not overriding the Default Assignee.

Do anyone have suggestions to how we can achieve this? It's really annoying that we have to change the Assignee every time.

2 answers

0 votes

Hello,

Kindly make sure that you made changes to the correct workflow and that you published the changed workflow.

It has been published and it's the correct workflow, as other changes that I did at the same time were applied correctly.

@Alexey Matveev _cPrime_ any news on this? 

I have the same issue.
I add Post Function(s) to `Create` Transition to inherit many fields from the parent issue. All work fine but Assignee Field.

Running into the same issue. The Assignee field doesn`t want to update with data from another source of the same format.

Having the same issue. I have a lot of sub-tasks that need to be created. The main project is assigned to me. But every sub task created has my boss as the assignee so he gets a notification every time I create a sub task.

I actually found a solution right after I made my prior post.

1. Create your first SubTask.

2. Go into the new SubTask and change the Assignee to the appropriate person.

3. Click the three dots in the top right and click the Clone option.

4. Give the cloned SubTask a new name.

Jira Clone.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you