How to override Default Assignee when creating Sub-tasks? Post-functions not working.

Pål_Krister_Johansen November 21, 2018

We've started to try automatic as much as possible of subtask creation through post-functions, and among those I have tried setting both of the following post-functions:

• Copy Value From Other Field - Assignee to Assignee and Copy from parent:
    The field 
    Assignee will take the value from Assignee. Source issue is the parent, destination the sub-task.
  • Assign to Reporter: Assign the issue to the current user. Please note that the issue will only be assigned to the current user if the current user has the 'Assignable User' permission.

But every time we try to create a sub-task the Assignee is still set to the Project Lead. The users have 'Assignable User' permissions, so that shouldn't be a problem here. But for some reason these post-functions are not overriding the Default Assignee.

Do anyone have suggestions to how we can achieve this? It's really annoying that we have to change the Assignee every time.

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Oyler December 18, 2020

I actually found a solution right after I made my prior post.

1. Create your first SubTask.

2. Go into the new SubTask and change the Assignee to the appropriate person.

3. Click the three dots in the top right and click the Clone option.

4. Give the cloned SubTask a new name.

Jira Clone.png

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2018

Hello,

Kindly make sure that you made changes to the correct workflow and that you published the changed workflow.

Pål_Krister_Johansen November 21, 2018

It has been published and it's the correct workflow, as other changes that I did at the same time were applied correctly.

Daugilas Kakaras July 10, 2019

@Alexey Matveev any news on this? 

I have the same issue.
I add Post Function(s) to `Create` Transition to inherit many fields from the parent issue. All work fine but Assignee Field.

Mihai Vasile August 31, 2020

Running into the same issue. The Assignee field doesn`t want to update with data from another source of the same format.

Having the same issue. I have a lot of sub-tasks that need to be created. The main project is assigned to me. But every sub task created has my boss as the assignee so he gets a notification every time I create a sub task.

Suggest an answer