How to migrate an Jira Cloud isntance to another instance of Jira Cloud

Alexandra Walther August 20, 2019

Our company does have 2 Jira Cloud instances, and we want to put them together.
Is there a common way to do this?

Can I easily backup one instance and restore it to another instance?

for example:

All projects, usergroups etc. from instance 1 (company_instance_1.atlassian.net)

needs to be migrated to the instance 2 (company_instance_2.atlassian.net)

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

To migrate your Jira you can simply follow import-export process.

It is listed here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/import-and-export-data-873871368.html

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Hi @Alexandra Walther as per the description of your need, it seems that you want to merge 2 different Jira Cloud sites (instances) to form a single Jira Cloud site (instance).

You can checkout the following link for details regarding "Merge two different Jira Cloud sites": https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-two-different-jira-cloud-sites-779160767.html

If you still have any doubts, please elaborate.

Alexandra Walther August 20, 2019

Hi @Deepanshu Natani thanks a lot for the fast answer.
In the documentation it's written, that all app data and users won't be migrated.

The Users, I'm fine with - we need to add them later.
But what about the user groups? And what is meant with app data?

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2019

@Alexandra Walther: I am not sure about the user groups. You can find this out by trying this in a test environment. :-)

Like Himanshu likes this

Suggest an answer