How to limit users access to a specific project in Jira and specific space Confluence?

Sami Skaff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2022

Hi all,  

I need to limit user access to a specific project in Jira, so the other projects will not be visible, and I need to limit specific users to their dedicated space in Confluence.

Thanks,

Sami

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hi @Sami Skaff

1. Browse Projects permission is used to grant view access on the jira project. To restrict user access to specific project in Jira, add required users/group to browse permissions.
    Please note: If the permission scheme is shared with other projects, then the same access will be granted to other projects as well. So its always better to add project roles in Browse permission and then add required users to the Project roles.  
  2. To restrict access to specific space in confluence, go to space settings --> space permission , add required users/group to View column.
    To know more about space permissions, please read https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/
Femi Armelita
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2023
Like Christian P_ likes this
Lewis McNeil January 25, 2024

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed 

Thanks for providing your answer here! I was wondering if there is any way to explicity limit access to users as oppose to just give access to all of those who need it. 

Like rather than include all users that need access, can we just exclude the smaller subset which in my case will be easier. 

Many thanks, 

Lewis

Kamran Ansari March 1, 2024

Hi @Lewis McNeil ,

Did you ever find a way to do this? I'm in the same situation and would like to restrict a group of users to a single project while allowing the rest of my users to be able to access all projects.

Thanks,

Kamran

Lewis McNeil March 8, 2024

Nothing as of yet still only able to grant permission not restrict. The only way around this was to ensure all relevant users are added to a specific group in JIRA then in the project permissions set this group with the access they need. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events