How to keep sub-tasks synced with story when moved from In Progress to Code Review

Hizkeel Khan June 25, 2024

Hi Everyone, 

I want to keep my sub-tasks synced with the story when sub-tasks are moved from In Progress to Code Review then my story should move automatically. 

Problem:

I have added conditions and validators and this is where I am facing the issue.

When my sub-task is moved from  In Progress to Code Review I have added validator and a screen so user can enter the time spent on that particular sub-task. If the time spent fields are entered on the sub-task level then I don't want the field mandatory for story and this is where my automation rule fails. 

Explanation: 

I have crated the workflow for stories and sub-tasks in a such a way that when a ticket is moved from In Progress to Code Review then before the transition is completed, a screen shows up asking users to enter the time they have spent. It is mandatory otherwise the transition will not be completed. 

I have created automation rule as well so keep child-parent in sync. When sub-tasks are created, the users enters the time spent in their sub-tasks which is fine but my automation rule fails as it is asking the time spent field to be filled for story as well which I don't want as my sub-tasks are already being filled. 

Solution I am Looking For:

Either it adds the time spent for my story as well in case of sub-task or it skips this fields and keep the tickets in sync. 

Looking to hear from you guys!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events