How to hide Priority field in Jira Service Desk Customer Portal

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

Priority is a system field. I want the Service Desk Agents to view & modify it.

However, I want to hide it in the Customer Portal because it's internal to the Agents only.

When editing fields in any request type, it's not possible to hide it.

Any idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

Thanks to@Gezim Shehu [Communardo] for pointing the direction.

Here is the complete solution:

In my project, I have two issue types, Incident and Service Request. Each one is associated with its own Field Configuration Scheme. Multiple request types are mapped to each issue type.

In each field configuration scheme, choose Configure, find the Priority field, make it Optional.

Now, in all the request types that are mapped to the modified issue type, in the Edit Fields screen, the Priority field is now gone.

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2018

Note that in order to display the Priority field, it must be added to the Create screen of the issue type and then manually added into the request type fields.

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

I see.. field was configured as mandatory :).

Glad to help

Sylvain Leduc February 10, 2023

Hi,

I just tried this :

- Priority is optional in the Field Config Scheme in my environment (JSD)

- and removed from all the screens of the issue type

- also a behavior has set it as hidden (initialiser + as a server side script)

But Priority is still visible in the view mode ticket for the customer and also in agent view.

So strange I dont get it.

Sylvain Leduc February 10, 2023

I understand it is a system field so cannot be empty or still visible in view mode, but not possible to remove it from the customer portal view ?

1 vote
Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

Fields (system or not) are configured using screens.

Service Desk Project will use the screens configured as normally by the screen scheme assigned to that project.

BUT customer portal items have a different configuration.

Go to Project Settings -> Request Types -> select Edit Fields

https://jira_url/servicedesk/admin/project key/request-types/request-type/18

From here, priority field can certainly be removed. (Not hidden)

Suggest an answer