How to get all the assignees of an issue?

Rumceisz November 6, 2012

Hi All,

some project leads of our projects ask for a reporting feature which shows ALL the users of each issue who were Assignees. And they also need the info for each user how much time they spent as assignee with that issue (you know the developers get the money according these assignee-time spent duration.

We just upgraded our Jira to the version 5.1.2

How can we do that? Is there a plpugin or scripted field for that?

Thanks in advance for your hints and help!

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2012

I'm not aware of a solution to this that's publically available, but I did it for a client many years ago.

It was more as an exercise in learning plugin code, and I did it for Jira 3.3 I think, but I can't imagine it would work very much differently

I took the code for the "participants" field as a starting point, and changed it so that instead of looking for reporter, assignee and commenters, it looked through the history for all previous assignees.

That would only solve the first part of the problem for you though - I think you'd need something more like a report for the "show how much time a user spent as assignee".

Rumceisz November 7, 2012

Hi Nic,

how can be found the code behind the participants field?

Rumceisz November 8, 2012

Hi Nic,

I am a bit lost hence I am not pro in scripting.

Can you please send me that script?

1 vote
UoS Web Team People November 8, 2012

Hi Rumi,

You can get a list of the users who were involved in an issue from the Participants field. The easiest way of doing this is using the JIRA Toolkit Plugin.

An alternative way is using JQL and the WAS operator, e.g.:

project = "Angry Nerds" and (assignee was 'jsmith' or reporter was 'jsmith')

Hope this helps!

Ian Jamieson November 19, 2017

Exactly what I needed

0 votes
Rumceisz November 8, 2012

I wonder that noone else ever needed this list...

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

This is not a direct answer but shouldn't they be getting money based on the work logged instead of time spent as assignee? I am the assignee of hundreds of issues but I hardly spent time on all of them together!

Rumceisz November 7, 2012

Hi Jobin,

your answer is exactly the same as I responsed to those project leads:)))

But they said that they will ignore those issues where somebody spent only 10 minutes as assignee (e.g. default assignee) and they insist to this report.

Have you got any idea how to achieve that?

In the meanwhile I found the Jira Toolkit plugin bit the participants custom field which is provided by this plugin is displays only the users that have commented on the issue.

All the info is stored in the issue History so it can be done I guess.

Rumi

Suggest an answer