It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to find username of my jira account? Edited

My account: https://******.atlassian.net
email:[removed by moderator]
This is my email. I need to integrate JIRA to another app which requires my username. From the profile, I can only get the full name "SSquad Admin". How can I get the username?

4 answers

The only way I was able to find the username is if you export the list of users into a CSV.

Doing so now (September 16, 2019) exports the following fields: "id,name,email,active,created,Last seen in Jira Software,Last seen in Confluence". The username is not in the list. :-(

However… Inspecting @ mentions in comments (as suggested by others) I see 

data-mention-id="557058:2d1b04a5-05b7-41d3-9e4d-91cd07938d0b"

And this ID corresponds to a user, exactly, so, is the username is now the ID?

I was able to find the username for a user by doing the following:

1. Click the Comment button on any Jira ticket to start composing a comment

2. Type the "@" symbol then start typing the name of the user for whom you want to know the username

3. Select the desired person from the list

4. The username is the value contained within the brackets (excluding the tilde): [~this-is-the-username]

That format does not pop-up. Instead you see their name @solrevdev. No bracketing.

Hmm, that's interesting.  I wonder if it is a configuration issue then.  Because for me if I follow the steps I outlined and I enter my own name, the comment I am composing shows:

[~jlangford]

I don't know then.

The brackets and username do appear when you open the issue in a new window (/browse/:issue-id)

Like Jordan Roselli likes this

why is my usename being referenced here? It's not a common @joebloggs type username for example?

Hi @SSquad Admin,

This is a public forum, so I removed your email address. 

As it seems, you are on cloud, so I think your username is the emailadress you use to login to Jira. 

Hi @Bastian Stehmann -neusta portal services-,

Thanks for your response. The third party app requires my username. And, in my JIRA app I made Reporter as a required field. So, in the third party app username which is the email id will be sent as the reporter. Then I got the error response "The reporter specified is not a user."  This error response is from JIRA. When I checked with the solution article of that corresponding third-party app, it was mentioned replacing this email with username will fix the issue. Now, I tried with common username "admin" and it worked. But I want to know where can it be seen. Or will the username is admin by default?

Thanks,

ssquad

Like Muhammad Imran likes this

Atlassian has removed the username field, as this link says: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2018/06/say-goodbye-to-usernames-in-atlassian-cloud

So I think you will have to contact Atlassian Support in this case.

any idea why my username got mentioned in this thread?  

I have no idea what this is about ;/

I think you may be looking for the API key system. Search for it in your Jira admin; it worked with my specific integration.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

883 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you