How to find Epics where all issues are resolved

Tracy Soma December 6, 2018

I am trying to figure out the jql syntax to find all epics that have resolved or closed issues.

Thanks

Tracy

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2018

Hi Tracy

You need a  script runner plugin and try JQL like below

issuetype = epic and not (issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status != Closed", "has Epic"))

axel_gruettner December 2, 2019

Hi Daniel, 

when trying your JQL I get the following error.

"Could not find any issue link type having either inward or outward description: has Epic. Remove argument to search all link types. Available links are: [clones, is cloned by, created, created by, Depends on, Depending Issue, duplicates, is duplicated by, is Epic of, has Epic, Related to, Related from, tests, tested by]"

Any clue what went wrong?

Thanks Axel

Steffen Jantke April 23, 2020

There is a difference between the status values Resolved and Closed. You can resolve an issue, but then it is not closed automatically. Perhaps the above query from Daniel does not match your assumption one hundred percent.

How about this?

issuetype = epic and not (issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status NOT IN (Resolved, Closed)", "has Epic"))

I currently have similar problems with my query and this one worked for me.

Like Jennifer Forrest likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2018

Hello,

You could do it with the Power Scripts add-on as well:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Your JQL query would look like this:

key in epicsOf("resolution is not empty")
Tracy Soma December 7, 2018

Thank you!  I will look into this too.

Tracy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events