How to export workflows with all the post functions and custom fields?

Dinesh Loyapalli April 11, 2019

We have complex workflows with lot of statuses and every transition in the workflow has like lost of post-functions. So how can we export and import workflows without losing any data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dinesh

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2019

@Dinesh Loyapalli Unfortunately, the workflows cannot be exported from one system and imported into another, without losing configuration elements like, post-functions, conditions, and validators. This is a long known issue and is still open. See this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-33311

You may also try to use the workarounds suggested by users in the comments to see if any of them works for you.

Otherwise, the best and last option would be to use a 3rd-party paid add-on like "Project Configurator plugin". Please read through the comments on above issue again to see how to use that workaround.

Hope it helps!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

@Dinesh Loyapalli Let me know if my answer helped resolving your use case.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2019

@Dinesh Loyapalli Let me know if my answer helped resolving your use case.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2019

@Dinesh Loyapalli Any luck in resolving your issue?

2 votes
Ludovic PITIOT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2023

Hello,

By chance is there any news about this topic ?
@Taranjeet Singh thanks for the share but the ticket is not existing/accessible anymore.

In our organization we backup the WF before each upgrade, and redeploy automatically.
Same instance, same server but we're stuck by this lack in the JIRA backup functionallity.
By the way the postfunctions concerned don't call any other addons.

Any chance to share here the new request issue, your workarounds, and visibility for the future ?

Regards,
Ludovic

Untitled.png

Suggest an answer