Amit Anand

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

If you export to MS word the comments come out. Export to csv/excel and they don't 

Robin Barfield October 16, 2020

I noticed when I export to MS Word the comment are cut off and word does not wrap text from the issue.

I was able to get around this by this method:

1.  Open the issue and select the Export Button

2.  From the drop down menu select 'Printable'

3.  Select to Print

4.  From the printer dialog choose 'Save to PDF' as your printer.

5.  Save PDF to location.

This method gave me a much nicer export than using Word.

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2021

For those of you not against a supported and paid app for Jira Server/Data Center and Jira Cloud, Better Excel Exporter can export Jira comments and other non-regular Jira data (like issue history, worklog, other meta data) into custom Excel spreadsheets:

jira-issues-selected-fields-with-comments.png

(Please note that I'm part of the team developing Better Excel Exporter.)

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Do you have any plugins that allow "scripted fields"? One of the workarounds that we used back in the past was to do something similar to creating a custom scripted field, into which we rendered comments from the issue (you can use wiki formatting too). This allows you flexibility such as limiting the amount of comments, limiting by comment age, or only taking the last comment, etc.

For this there are a few plugins such as https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/scripted-fields.html

I suppose it depends a lot on how you intent to use those comments, if it's for an import somewhere later, i.e. needing a specific formatting, etc., but this could be one of the workarounds.

Suggest an answer