How to enable Test as an Issue Type in a project.

Hari Sridharala August 26, 2019

My organization recently procured licenses for Z4J and I don't see Test issue type in the dropdown for the project created before Z4J is procured. Can someone help me with the steps on how to enable the Test issue type.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Hello Hari,

Thank you for reaching out Atlassian Community.

I believe Z4J is a third-party plugin you are using integrated with JIRA that provide you with a Test Issue type. Is it correct?

If you are talking about Zephyr for JIRA, please try the following instructions to associate the Test Issue type to your current project/scheme for both Zephyr for JIRA Cloud & Server.

In a classic project:

1. Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Issue types
2. Click on the Issue Type scheme and select "Edit Issue Types" from the "Actions" button on the right side of the page.
3. Here you will be able to drag and drop the required issue types to associate with your project.

In a Next-gen project:

Unfortunately, Next-gen projects do not support the Test issue type of Zephyr Application. We have a feature request to implement it here:

Next-gen project template does not support Zephyr Test issue type

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if this information helps.

Louis Liew December 16, 2020

I want to add a new issue type for test cases import from Excel. I have admin access to my project in Jira but I don't find the Issue Type in the Project Settings, unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like Andie SAMADOULOUGOU likes this

Suggest an answer