How to display custom field on Rapid Board list in PLAN mode?

Ruben Sadoyan June 24, 2013

We use Jira 6 and rapidboards in multi-team environment. So we have one common board having all issues for an iteration and per-team boards along with TEAM custom field to identify if issue is taken by particular team.

I need to make generic board show this field value next to the issue name in the issues list under PLAN mode. How thic can be configured?

Thanks in advance,

Aquarius.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2013

Hi Aquarius,

Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment. The list in plan mode has no customisation options available. The only items displayed in the lists are Epics and Versions.

You could however use Quick Filters at the top, to filter the issues by the Custom field. While this won't display a label, you can quickly filter to issues not taken by any team, or filter to specific issues taken by team A or B.

Cheers,

IVan.

0 votes
Troy Johnson July 17, 2014

Another work around to this problem is to use the query option on your card colors. This would allow you to assign different colors to each team so on your generic board when you are looking at the issues you could easily see which teams were assigned to each issue simply by looking at the color of the card. You could also assign a unique color to "EMPTY" so you could identify those issues still unassigned. I agree that it would be great to be able to customize the cards but until this happens, maybe this would help.

0 votes
Andrea Westerinen July 17, 2014

It would be valuable to add custom fields (such as an acceptance criteria field) to the Rapid Board view. The product is less usable (incorrect?) if I have to force such specific information into the Description or a Comment field.

David Hardwick September 20, 2014

+1 Not being able to see an 'Acceptance Criteria' field on the rapid view is frustrating because you have to open up full ticket just to see that one field.

0 votes
David Voge March 12, 2014

I also need this function! It would be nice if this could be implemented promptly, otherwise the work is held up.

Phil Comley April 29, 2014

I also need it - there are several fields I'd like to show (as I could under Jira 4). Pls prioritise this as it would be SUCH a useful enhancement. Thx.

0 votes
Ruben Sadoyan June 25, 2013

@Ivan: would be great as this is 100% required in multi-team setup when teams are distributing stories they got to have clarity on which story is with whom.

+1000 for that feature please.

Thx in advance,

Aquarius.

0 votes

@Ivan: Well that's a pity as makes story distribution among multiple teams a hassle.

Y, we know about quick filters and use them, but it's more like complicated workaround than really a solution.

Do you know if Atlassian planning to have this feature at some point?

Thanks,

Aquarius.

0 votes

@Ivan: Well that's a pity as makes story distribution among multiple teams a hassle.

Y, we know about quick filters and use them, but it's more like complicated workaround than really a solution.

Do you know if Atlassian planning to have this feature at some point?

Thanks,

Aquarius.

Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2013

At the moment there are no plans for this, however I will look into putting in a feature request . The Greenhopper team is still working on the Plan mode, as they add and improve it rapidly!

Cheers,

Ivan.

Suggest an answer