How to disable the option to export from Issue Navigator ALL fields

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

I can't find an option to remove from my users the ability to export CSV (All field). 

There was an option to do this in the past for the Excel files, by disabling one of the modules of one of the System plugins. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 12.39.19.png

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hi,

You can add a snippet of Javascript in your announcement banner. In my case I've used:

AJS.$('#allCsvFields').parent().remove();

Please note that the selector might need to be tweaked depending on your Jira version as the DOM elements are changed over versions.

Please let me know if it worked for you!

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2017

Thanks, Micky. I will give this a try though I prefer using a more OOTB solution if they Atlassian still have it

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2017

Hi Peter,

I've actually found a very easy solution which I've deployed on my production instance: you can get to the Plugin Manager and browse System plugins, looking for "Issue Views Plugin", then click on "16 modules enabled" and you can disable any module which you don't want to use anymore:

csv_all.png

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Like # people like this
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2018

Hi Micky, your second solution was exactly what I've been looking for.

Thank you

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2018

Glad it helped!

Cheers

1 vote
Igor Rajnpreht May 3, 2018

Hi Micky,

We just started using JIRA Software (since last month) so I assume the latest version ? :):)  - We are using Cloud .

Anyway there must be some way to disable export of issues for some users or groups -  I found some posts about adding some code to the Announcement banner  , but it seams  they don't exist anymore...

Thank you for helping :)

Br,

Igor

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

Hi again!

Unfortunately, I don't think Cloud would allow you disable those modules easily. Can't try it out by myself as I don't have a Cloud instance but I do trust you if you tried :)

That being said, there's obviously ways with Javascript to supposedly remove the DOM elements but I wouldn't rely on that as the DOM elements might be rename or have properties changed :(

I'm afraid I can't help much here!

Good luck finding the best workaround!

Igor Rajnpreht May 7, 2018

Hi Micky,

Thank you for your trouble.

We gave our best  try :):)

Igor

0 votes
Igor Rajnpreht May 2, 2018

Hi Micky ,

this is really the easiest solution , but for some reasone it does not work for me ....  

I see the same thing as on your image , but cannot change anything ....

On "mouse-over" there is a meessage for every module : Module cannot be modified...

Am I doing something wrong or Atlassian changed something...?

Thank you,

Igor

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2018

Hi Igor,

Are you on Cloud or Server? I'm not sure if all of those modules can be disabled on Cloud instances! Which version of Jira do you use?

Like Di Chen likes this
Di Chen December 29, 2019

I have the same question with miikhy.

Suggest an answer