How to disable inline edit for New Jira Issue View

Shane Carr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2020

Under "Jira Settings -> System -> General configuration", I have "Inline edit" set to OFF.  This works fine for the classic Jira issue view.  However, when I enable the new Jira issue view, the fields become inline editable, despite the setting to say otherwise.

When I say "new Jira issue view", I am referring to the Jira Labs feature which you can enable and disable in your Personal Settings, as shown below.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 12.59.30 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hello @Shane Carr

Thank you for reaching out.

Actually, the inline edit option is the only way to edit issues in the new issue view, that's why you cannot disable it.

Indeed, the new issue view is providing you with a different way to handle issues, however, we're also collecting feedback to improve it while we working in this lab feature.

That being said, due to several requests for the ability to edit issues using the conventional edit issue screen instead of the inline option in the new issue view, we created the following feature request:

Unable to edit issue with edit issue screen from new issue view 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2020

I'm a little confused. If inline editing is the only option, how does one edit a field with no values? Empty fields will not appear on screen.

0 votes
Alex Gubar March 16, 2022

Hi,

for cf i use behaviour with initializer 

#Customer - customfield_10104 

def customField = getFieldById("customfield_10104")
customField.setAllowInlineEdit(false)

If u need to enable inline edit (without popup - Edit form) your script should looks like 

#Customer - customfield_10104 

def customField = getFieldById("customfield_10104")
customField.setAllowInlineEdit(true)

Suggest an answer