How to debug Workflow: Tester automatically removed

Josephine Gauss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2024

Hi all, I'm trying to debug an issue in our workflow or some kind of automation. 

What happened: Something caused the Tester to be updated from an assigned user to "none".

What we see: The history shows "[User] updated the tester from [Manually assigned Tester] -> none"

This user did definitely not cause this manually and we are trying to figure out why this happened, as it's been disrupting our work.

There is also nothing else visible in the history that happened in the same timeframe, which to me rules out that this was caused by some other change (e.g. updating sprint, changing assignee).

Does anyone have an idea where I could even begin troubleshooting? There was nothing matching the date&time in the audit logs of our existing Automations.

2 answers

0 votes
caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2024

look at global automation audit log around the date/time of the issue - you can see what changes were made - and see if automation caused it.

0 votes
Shane Gallen June 28, 2024

It might be useful to start with pin-pointing the date this issue started to occur. 

Then review the changes you made around this date e.g. was a new automation introduced around this date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events