How to create issue use HTML link, and set the reporter is another email?

Di Wang July 13, 2011

I have a problem in my project.

my project is a CMS, and there has a report bug function in my site, user in my site can report a issue to JIRA, here I use the HTML link to create the issue(CreateIssueDetail.jspa), but when I use the HTML link, there must be have a JIRA account(username and password), so the issue can create successfully, so I use a settled user account in code to create issue, but the problem is the reporter is the settled account, I want the reporter is my site user, but some user in my site havn't a JIRA account, so they couldn't create issue, if the user use the settled user account to create issue, the reporter is the settled account, not my site user. So I want to find a solution to resolve this problem, the user in my site can create issue use their own email address as the reporter, so the user in my site can get email back. And I couldn't find a way to create a JIRA account before my site user want to create issue use HTML link.

1 answer

0 votes
Jordan Koppole July 29, 2011

It can be achieved by enabling comment or create issues using a mail. The user need not access the create issue but just can sent the mail to create a issue. JIRA can add the user and then will create the issues.

Suggest an answer