Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change the date format

Hi,

I have tried all the tips and suggestions that I could find (e.g. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-the-look-and-feel-of-jira-applications/, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-6946) and cannot manage to get the date format in our service tickets changed.

Currently it is showing as YYYY-MM-DD and since we have some Americans amongst us, I want to make it clear that 2021-03-04 is 04-MAR not 03-APR.... so want to show as DD-MMM-YYYY.

Any idea how and where I can change this??

Cheers

Ben

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In order to change the date format in Jira Cloud, you can go to Cog icon > System > Look and feel, which is mentioned in the documentation you shared. 

Also, on Cog icon > System > General configuration > Advanced settings, you can change the format of the date picker. 

The format is based on the documentation below:

Currently, there is a bug in the new issue view where the advanced settings are not respected. So, even if you change the settings on Advanced settings and Look and feel, it won’t make a difference on the new view. 

You can test disabling the new view on your Profile picture > Personal settings and disable Jira labs.

The bug fix is already in progress since we will be no longer supporting the old view starting on March 31.

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch the bug to receive the updates.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thanks Angelica.

Just so I understand... you're saying to go to the advanced settings and make that change... but that it will not work because there's a bug in the new issues view?

I switched back to the old view and it works - which is fine for me, not so much for our more business focussed users who are used to the new view. 

Given that it sounds like Atassian are fixing this for the 31-Mar-2021 cut over, I guess I'll live with it until then.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, that’s the place to change the date format, but due to the bug users won’t see the difference in the new issue view, only in the old view. 

We don’t have a specific date yet but we’ll update our documentation when it’s ready and also the Bug ticket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you