How to change the approver of an Jira Servicedesk request?

Deleted user January 22, 2020

Hi Atlassian Community,

I have the issue that I cannot change the approver permanently, from an Jira Servicerequest.

I can only change this after the request has been made, but because due an absent of an user, we need to change the approver.

Greetings,

Ronit Jalimsing

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hello Ronit,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When the ticket is created with the approvers’ field already filled, probably the field is hidden from the portal and with a default value.

To change that, you must go to Project settings > Request types > Click on “Edit fields” for the request type that has approvals > Request form.

On this page, check if the field is on “Hidden fields with preset values” and then you can edit its value to add another user.

If the value is not set on the request type, you can also check the field directly on “Custom fields”.

Please, go to Jira settings > Issues > Custom fields. Find the field “Approvers”, click on … > Configure > Edit default value.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user January 22, 2020

Hi Angélica,

Unfortunately this does not solve our issue.

When checking for hidden fields, I don't see anything.

And when checking the Custom Field, I also see nothing.

I have added the user who needs to do the approvals, but when making an request, the approver is still the old one.

Ronit

Deleted user January 24, 2020

@Angélica Luz, do you have any idea what else i can do?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Thank you for checking, Ronit.

As there are no default values for the field, please check if there is an automation that sets this value.

Go to Project settings > Automation.

On this page, please confirm if there is an automation that edits the field approvers.

Hi Angélica,

No there are no automations that edits the field approvers.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2020

The last thing on Jira that can add an approver is a post function in the workflow.

Go to Project settings > Workflows and click to edit the affected one. Click on “Show transition labels” and select “Create issue” transition. On the left side, click on “Post functions”:

Screenshot 2020-01-24_10-35-33-018.png

On the next page, you will be able to see if there is a post function that edits the custom field:

Screenshot 2020-01-24_10-37-33-057.png

If that’s not the case, then it must be some add-on that is setting the approver. Are you using Automation for Jira, Jira Misc Workflow, Scriptrunner or any other add-on that may be editing the issue?

No, the above also did not help.

No, we are not using Automation for Jira or other add-on. I have an screenshot from our current flow and the option that i have when selecting "Waiting for approval".

But nowhere, can i specify the approver.

Jira ISS workflow.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2020

Thanks, Ronit.

As you mentioned the Approvers field is not hidden from the portal, it means that the customer is selecting this value when creating the ticket, is that correct?

Does it show only one approver?

Deleted user January 28, 2020

Hi Angelica,

Sorry for my late reply, but it has been resolved :)

Apperently it was an hidden field, but it was find under:

Project Settings > Request types > and here we had different request types.

And when selecting the request type > Edit Field > Here could i define another user.

So the issue has been resolved.

Many thanks for your effort.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Matias Bolyos December 11, 2023

In Cloud I´m going to 

Project settings > Request types > Click on “Edit fields” for the request type that has approvals > Request form.

and try to change the Default value for the Approver groups field and nothing happens. I can click on "Default value", but it is greyed out. I can change the default values of other fields, such as "Summary", but not approvers or approver groups. I have all admin privileges (org, site, project...).

Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events