How to change reporter Name

Ashwin October 12, 2018

Hi I am JIRA CLOUD  admin I created the new project, in that project reporter name is my  name is showing all staus mail receiving to me project manager does not receive any mail, how I would change the reporter name ? (JIRA CLOUD)

3 answers

1 vote
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

HI @Ashwin

First of all, you don't have a reporter for Project and you will have Project Lead? the reporter is for Jira Issue/Ticket.

To change the Project Lead you need to go to Jira Settings--> Projects --> select the Project and then go to project details and change the Project Lead and Default Assignee to Project Manager.

If you want to change the Jira issue/ticket reporter then search for issues using issue Filters and Navigation and then at the top right corner you will find the Bulk change option, and choose the Edit operation and then change the Reporter.

For a bulk change, you should have Bulk change global permission and then Edit issue permission for the respective project but not the change Reporter permission.

Ashwin October 12, 2018

If you want to change the Jira issue/ticket reporter then search for issues using issue Filters and Navigation and then at the top right corner you will find the Bulk change option, and choose the Edit operation and then change the Reporter.

For a bulk change, you should have Bulk change global permission and then Edit issue permission for the respective project but not the change Reporter permission? Where I Can Find Those Steps 

Ashwin October 12, 2018

Where I Can Find Those Steps ?

Bill Lantz August 14, 2019

Ashwin, did you ever figure this out?  I got onto this page and was able to find the answers I needed

gauravpatel10 November 26, 2019

Hi Bill, 

I am still not able to figure thi sout... 

Can you please go in more details about it?

is it possible to go step by step....

How to change reporter Name? 

Like danny.van.der.meer likes this
Usher Razavi December 23, 2019

Hi There,

So Basically from what I understood here are the steps till I got stock:

Step1: Search using the magnifier glass on left hand ribbon

step01.png

use search criteria to filter the results. something like ...reporter = "Your Name" AND project = "Wonkey"

step01_1.png

Step3: Select all the ... (3 dots) on right hand top corner of the page. Click and choose "Bulk Change of all xxxx issue(s)"

step02.png

Step4: Select All

step04.png

Step 5: Can't see the "Edit Issue"  here???? if yes, it's because your filter criteria is too broad. you'll need to narrow down your selection. step03.png

Step 6: Go ahead and tick the 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bill OLeary April 1, 2020

when I try this and click the 3 dots, I get image.png

"No available options"

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

Hi @Bill OLeary 

You must not have those permissions. 

0 votes
Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2018

Search for the issues that had reported as your name for the project that you want to change.

From the search result, select all the issues you want to change the reporter on.

Then choose the operation "edit issues"

Check the operation "change Reporter" and select the name of the reporter that you want to set.

click next and confirm the change.

Please note, you need to have change reporter permission in order to make this change.

Check the permission scheme of the project to check if you have access to change the reporter.

Suggest an answer