How to auto-match select list values with project role ?

emrah cakir September 5, 2012

We want to give editing and viewing permission to specific project role according to select list value chosen when a reporter creating issue. I think it can be handled by matching select list values with project roles. Is it possible to do or (if not) do you have any suggestion to solve the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi, I believe you are looking for issue security. This can do what you require. You can map issue securities to roles. This can be configured on issue creation.

Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security for more information.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

The issue security can do exactly that. All you need to do is create an issue security scheme and assign it to your project. After, map the roles the reporter needs to choose to each issue security you create. These mappings will then be able to be selected when you add the issue security field to the create screen.

Issue security give permission for any issue type. But i need a little different thing other than that. When creating issue , reporter pick a select list value and according to that value,only select list value related project role can view that issue.Thanks anyway...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2012

You will need some code to do this. The security field will present all of your users with the full list of security levels that they could choose.

I suspect you want to remove the field from the create screen, and have a post-function that works out what level should be set (based on who they are and maybe some other data) and sets it for them.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2012

You can give the issue security a meaningful name. All it is is entries like:

<security name> : <list of groups/roles/users>

And in the select list, you pick based on security name, e.g. <All users>, <Users and Reporters>, <Administrators>

I think a reporter don't know which issue security to choose. They only use a select list when creating an issue and they should maybe indirectly choose with matching option. All i need to handle that problem. Thanks Harry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events