How to allow only a certain group of people to resolve an issue based on a checkbox field?

Laci January 29, 2020

If I create a custom, "approval required" field with a "yes" checkbox in order to have only a certain group of people be able to close an issue... is this possible? Can I create a condition or something within the workflow based on that custom field that will only allow that group to close/resolve the issue? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

If the box is set BEFORE the status where you want to transition to close, yes. You can have a condition where if it is set only a certain project roll(s) can execute the transition to closed. If the user doesn't meet the condition they will not see the option to transition 

see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html?_ga=2.76769941.1681344350.1580124068-353246659.1579197968#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

And if they're setting it during the transition, you can use almost the same code/config for a "validator"

Laci February 26, 2020

Thank you both.

However, our current instance is server 7.13. So it appears that I cannot use the condition for "Value Field" as it is not an option.

Any other thoughts on how I might achieve this? I just want to be able to limit individuals on closing an issue if a certain box is checked. If the box is not checked, anyone should be able to close it.

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer