How to add estimate to issue (Scrum)

Hi, I am new to Jira and I would like to add a time estimate to my issue. I am able to log time and change the time remaining but I cannot find any dialog to add a time estimate for this bug?

I have found guides for the previous UI but since this has changed I cannot find the required dialog. I think I am missing an enable function but cannot find it.

Has anyone had a similar issue and if so how did you get round it?

1 answer

1 accepted

Navigate to Project settings > Fields > Actions > Edit Fields > (find field you want - i.e. time tracking) > screens > choice project you want it on.

To log work, you must click into the task ( not just pop up on board ) > click the + beside 'time tracking' and log it there.

I followed all steps and it did not work. Not sure why cant this basic feature be more stright forward.

After following all the steps I am still unable to edit time estimation for the task.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Mar 17, 2018 in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

619 views 6 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot