How to add a checkbox to an existing checklist

Harry Hooper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 6, 2019

How do I add another field to a checklist?

Also, if I did not build the checklist, what is the best way of finding all of the checklists that exist on our project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hello Harry,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

About this statement:

How do I add another field to a checklist?

When you say "Checklist", I believe you meaning a checkbox custom field like in the screenshot below, and the "field" would be the checkbox options (Checkbox 1, checkbox 2, etc). Is it correct?

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 17.55.18.png

If that's what you mean, here are the steps to add new options to your checkbox field:

1 - Logged as a Site-administrator, navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom Fields

2 - Seach for the name of your checkbox custom field in the search bar > Click to configure in the three dots menu:

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 18.00.56.png

3 - Click Edit Options to add/remove/edit the options of your checkbox field

To search for other checkbox fields currently added to your project screens, you must copy their names in the issue view of your project and search for them under JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom Fields.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for. If you are talking about a different feature when you said "Checklist", please provide us a screenshot so we can know what is the feature you are talking about and provide you the correct instructions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events