How to Shift Item Due Dates

Michael Blunt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2022

Hello,

I am working with a co-worker of mine to shift the due dates of a particular item in a number of checklists by a year. I've been working off the below post using the custom fields functionality, and it works to some extent for iterating the dates by a fixed number of dates from the original start date. The issue is that we are looking to simply shift the item due dates of existing checklists by a full year.Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 9.46.54 AM.png

The team uses highly regular schedules, with the due dates only fluctuating a day or two, which are okay to be re-assigned manually when needed, but in bulk, there has to be a better way of simply adding a year to the current item due date? There's functionality for this action within custom fields, but there isn't a way to iterate the date change that I can think of. Here's what I have so far that I'm thinking of:Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 9.49.38 AM.png

Please let me know if you know of a better method, I'm stumped. Much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2022

@Michael Blunt Welcome to the Atlassian community

We created templates that we just import via CSV and create a new list each year.  Then is all we have to do is manipulate the CSV which can quickly be done with find and replace.  There are also some apps that can do this but then you are paying extra for that functionality.  

Suggest an answer