How to Notify everyone in diff. project roles.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2013

Hi,

In the notification scheme for an event, you can specify a certain project role which you can notify. But instead of choosing all roles one-by-one is there a way to make all the people associated with the project be notified?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

Hi Tarun,

I don't think that's possible currently. However, in light of this, I have created an improvement request so that you can select more than one project role at a time - JRA-32940

For now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

* Vote, so that it will receive more attention

* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates

* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi Tarun, since could be a long wait until that request becomes a new feature I would recommend you to create groups of users and then configure the notifications for that group, could be another approach. It's a better solution if you have a bunch of projects with the same users.

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Based on a quick search and previous questions like:

* Configure JIRA to send emails to all team members on every new issue and comment

* How to send notification email to the assignee's group?

I would second zezeto suggestion to create a new project role.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hi,

I think that the solution is to create new role project or group which contain all users to notify

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2013

thats just so so hacky!

Suggest an answer