How to Create a JIRA DR server and keep in-sync?

Moinul Rony March 23, 2014

Hi,

We provisioned a replica JIRA server ( Based on RHEL ) and now planning to create a process to keep production data mirrored/syned with the DR server.

My Question is what data should we be keeping upto date daily basis to keep data in sync

Initially we thought of running cronned rsync on the following directories:

- /usr/jira/attachments

- /usr/jira/caches

- /usr/jira/data/avatars/

But soon realized that we would need to keep the whole copy of /usr/jira directory in sync.

Plus we are taking MySQL (backend DB) dump.

Are we missing anything here, or is there any other preferable technique that you may suggest.

Many thanks,

- Rony

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moinul Rony March 26, 2014

Rsync of /usr/jira and Database dump seems to be the only way. It seems re-indexing has to be done manually.

0 votes
Moinul Rony March 24, 2014

Hi Andre,

Removing the /data/caches directory did not trigger the re-index. I am thinking to running the index URL using CURL.

Cheers,

0 votes
Andre van der Elst March 23, 2014

I'm actually working on this as well, so we have an up2date Jira instance we can try out updates/upgrades on and also have a way to restore our nightly backup.

Currently I backup the database, the jira program folder and the jira-data folder. I assume when I restore all this and empty the /data/caches folder it wil reindex automatically. If you're not rsyncing the entire data folder I would at least add the data/plugins folder.

0 votes
Moinul Rony March 23, 2014

Also one thing to mention is to re-index the whole JIRA instance once you updated the data from Production.

Second question is : is there any way to re-index running a command from commandline ?

Suggest an answer