How to Add Due Date to the Tasks and How to follow up this Due Date?

Ahmed Kamel October 12, 2017

I'm using Kanban Project to manage our team tasks but I need to add Due Date to the tasks and follow up the tasks by this date How can I do this ?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

7 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

Hi Ahmed,

go to the configuration of your Kanban Board. There you need to change the card layout. There you are able to add the field "Due Date" to your cards.

To filter on the due dates, I would add quick filters to the board, like

duedate  <= now() 

Ahmed Kamel October 12, 2017

Thanks you very much.

Another Question How to show this due date in the issue details.

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

Nearly the same answer: 

go to board configuration, then change the issue detail view. Add the due date there.

Like # people like this
Ahmed Kamel October 14, 2017

Thanks for your reply it's working fine with me now.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2017

Your're welcome, Ahmed.

Andrey Pulkin May 29, 2018

Hello, and one more question

how i can put due date to the card lable on dashboard?

Like Dante Colom likes this
vimal_upadhyay April 3, 2020

@Thomas Schlegel  But how to (go to the configuration of your Kanban Board) i spent 2 hr but could not add due date, can you please make it more clear?

Like Cliff Adams likes this
Van_Tran May 20, 2020

@vimal_upadhyay Try clicking on the button Board (under the search field, top right) while you are in your Kanban board, select Configure. There you will see a list of configurations. Hope this helps! 

I believe you have to be the admin to make changes here.

Dante Colom February 10, 2021

It's necessary add due data field to main fiels on the card due to see on each card the date, What is the solution?

Like Muhammad Naeem Jawaid likes this
Ruben Vallmitjana July 14, 2021

For Jira Cloud, if Due Date is not visible in the issue type you want to have try this:

1. Figure out which screen scheme your issue type is using. Go to Project Settings -> Issue types 
  2. Navigate to the corresponding screen.
  3. Add the field Due Date in the screen: Settings -> Issues -> Screens
  4. When creating the new issue make sure that the Due Date field is active: Create -> Configure fields -> Checkbox Due Date
Like # people like this
4 votes
Ruben Vallmitjana July 14, 2021

For Jira Cloud, if Due Date is not visible in the issue type you want to have, try this:

1. Figure out which screen scheme your issue type is using. Go to Project Settings -> Issue types 
  2. Navigate to the corresponding screen.
  3. Add the field Due Date in the screen: Settings -> Issues -> Screens
  4. When creating the new issue make sure that the Due Date field is active: Create -> Configure fields -> Checkbox Due Date
0 votes
fahad.abbasi February 16, 2023

How to have it appaeard on Team Managed project?  All above replies are for Company Managed.  Thank you.