How to Add Acceptance Criteria to User Story

Deleted user April 9, 2019

Is my understanding I have to edit Work Item types, but I never done it before- can someone give me the steps?  thanks

2 answers

8 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2019

Hi @[deleted],

There are no built-in acceptance criteria handling in Jira so you need to use a substitute.

The few possible ways are:

• add acceptance criteria in the Description field and use available formatting
  • add a multiline custom field named Acceptance Criteria
  • use a third-party app.

When comes to third-party apps, there are many of them available in Atlassian Marketplace.

I can propose Issue Checklist Pro or Issue Checklist Free provided by my team that present acceptance criteria or definition of done in the form of Checklist. They both come with a set of useful features like:

• blocking issue resolving if acceptance criteria (checklist) is not completed
  • full-screen editor
  • default acceptance criteria for a project or issue type
  • and many more

Cheers,
Jack

4 votes
Paweł Albecki April 9, 2019

Hi Jose,

Not sure what you mean by Work Item types. You can add Acceptance Criteria using text formatting directly in User Story description or install some add-on like Multiple Checklists for Jira which will help you manage Acceptance Criteria. 

Best,

Paweł

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events