How is data stored in JIRA? Which database do they use?

I want to know how Jira stores the data.

2 answers

2 votes

It's put into a database. 

Which database it goes into is "whatever the people running the system choose to put it in".

I suspect you need to spend some time reading the documentation, rather than asking us about the basics, it will be quicker and you'll learn more.

Will this be applicable to the Atlassian cloud on-demand instance too? If that is the case, can I connect to my Jira cloud on-demand instance using connect spring-boot framework?

Generally, yes, it's the same database structure.

But.  Forget it.  You don't want to touch the database.

1) SQL is the worst possible way to interact with JQL data.  It's messy, complex, slow and you cannot use it to write data at all.

2) You're on Cloud, so fortunately you don't have any choice as you have no access to the database at all.  You will have to use the REST interface.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

475 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you