How do you link a Stash Repo to report activities of updates in the Project within Jira?

R A November 9, 2012

Hi,

I saw that there are few plguings are out there for integrating Jira with other services related to repos, but i failed to find one that linkes Jira with Stash.

How do you link a Stash Repo to report developer activities/updates in the Project within Jira "Timeline/Reporting"?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
R A November 25, 2012

Hi Tim,

I have raised a request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2854 and I hope others will find it usefull.

Please if this is a feature you would like to see that you place a comment on the request.

Regards,

RA

Linux Admin November 5, 2013

Jira 6.0.8 - Stash 2.7.1: not able to view Stash Commits from Jira. tried multiple times with/out Oath, Trusted Application both from Jira or Stash side. Accept remote API calls ON.

Upon creating link it populates over jira and or stash so it has access. just doesnt work?
Re-Indexed, logout login no luck

Commits tab on jira only shows 'Connect your code to JIRA'...
This was working without issues before

All plugins are up to date.
Please assist.

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2012

Hi Ralharithi,

As of 5.0.4, JIRA integrates with Stash without the need to install any additional plugins. There are some instructions here for how to link the two applications.

Currently the scope of the integration is:

• In the JIRA issue view, you will see an additional tab called "Source" that contains a summary of commits where the commit message contains that issue key.
  • In the Stash commits list and changeset page, you will see links to associated issues in JIRA. Again this is based on issue keys appearing in commit messages.

We don't currently have any intentions to integrate with JIRA's reports - but we're always open to feedback! What kind of integration would you like to see, specifically?

cheers,

Tim

R A November 11, 2012

Hi :) @Tim Pettersen [Atlassian]

I am new to to Atlassian products, so please pardon my irngorance with some of the details such as "view names".

Can you please direct me to how to get to "JIRA issue view" as I failed to identfy it or to find it.

Thanks for your help.

RA

TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2012

Hi again Ralharithi,

By "JIRA issue view" I meant the standard landing page for a JIRA issue, for example https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9 is the view for JIRA issue JRA-9.

Once you have Stash integration enabled, you will see a new tab in the "Activity" section at the bottom of the page labelled "Source". Clicking on this tab will display any commits from your linked Stash instance that contain the issue's key in their commit message.

Here's an example screenshot for an issue with a merge commit linked to it:

Stash source tab

cheers,

Tim

R A November 17, 2012

Hi @Tim Pettersen [Atlassian],

This exactly the problem, the tab "Source" is asking for FishEye and not Stash...

There seems to be something wrong with Jira/Stash.

Please note that I have made all the needed linking, and nothing is showing.

Regards,

RA

TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2012

Hi Ralharithi,

Can you double check that there's an Application Link created from JIRA to Stash _and_ an Application Link from Stash to JIRA? You can check which links exist by going to Administration -> Application Links in the two applications. Once you've created the links your commits should show up in the source tab.

There are more details in Stash's JIRA Integration documentation, but if you're still running into trouble I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team at https://support.atlassian.com.

cheers,

Tim

R A November 17, 2012

Hi Tim,

All internal links are done between apps, and within Jira-project/Stash.

When I click on source, this is what i see

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a9mriu77

If i has a balnk screen, i would have felt better, but all i get is FishEye....

Regards.

RA

TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2012

Thanks for the screenshot Ralharithi, that makes the issue much clearer.

What you're looking at is the "project" panel provided the Source plugin, not the issue tab panel. Typically JIRA's project panels show project metadata, and information aggregated from the issues in that project. Currently JIRA's Stash integration doesn't provide any information to that view, so you'll only see changes from your FishEye instance there.

What sort of data from Stash would you like to see aggregated at the project level in JIRA?

It'd be great if you could formulate your ideas into a feature request and post it in the Stash project on our public issue tracker at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH.

cheers,

Tim

Suggest an answer