How do Story points get close, and remaining time updated

Brent Hoover
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2011

We are using Jira with Greenhopper. A problem we are having is that even though we will log hours on an issue, set the reamining hours to 0, and then close it, Remaining hours stay the same. Also, when an issue is Resolve/Closed it's story points remain open so our Burndown chart shows a flat line for Story points (which is our main metric).

What am I doing wrong so that these issues (both Stories and Tasks) show really closed, and their progress reflected correctly.

My speculation now is that is has to do with not Releasing our Sprints (which are the same), but that is just a guess and I don't want to just experiment with the real data.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2011

Are the dates correct on your charts? Maybe your sprint start/end dates are not definied on the versions?

Also, take a backup and load the instance up on your own machine with an eval license. That way you can experiment as much as you want :)

Suggest an answer