How do I track Features and linked Epics in swimlanes on a board across projects?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a portfolio/programme backlog similar to the following blog articles in Jira-On-Demand:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/10/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-agile-12/

https://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/10/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-agile-22/

Goal:

On a Portfolio project board, show FEATURE names in swimlanes with EPICS from 'child' project (e.g. one of several Team backlogs).

SWIMLANE 1 = FEATURE 1

>Project 1 - EPIC 1

>Project 1 - EPIC 2

>Project 2 - EPIC 1

SWIMLANE 2 = FEATURE 2

>Project 1 - EPIC 3

>Project 1 - EPIC 4

>Project 2 - EPIC 2

...Essentially this would emulate what the 'Story' swimlane option does with standard issues except at a different level and across projects.

Methods:

I've tried various JQL queries using 'linked issues', but I don't seem to find good examples of how to return the linking hierarchy. It seems like ALL the link and data plug-ins recommended to make this easier are for the 'hosted' version of Jira.

Question:

Am I going to have to migrate to a 'hosted' version from On-demand to use a plug-in or can someone point me to some examples of how this has been done in On-demand previously?

Dennis

4 answers

Hi Dennis,

do You have a solution to this issue?

Best regards

Krzysiek

Hi Krzsiek,

No, I realised I need to be able to customise JQL a lot more than I can on the JIRA Cloud. I was trying to work out how to implement a Safe agile programme backlog linked to several Team backlogs to be able to show status to business stakeholders.

Yours, Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I see on JIRA how to add swimlines and inside my EPICS.

I will look on that how JIRA make this JQL and then I will change a swimlines to FEATURE.

Best regards

Krzysztof

i have the same problem - will be great to have a solution for this. I keep losing information - since i cannot cut it features and track the items from different project and their progress

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,301 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you