How do I switch from detail on the sidebar back to a popup window again?

Eli Neal April 13, 2020

I accidentally switched from pop up window to side bar but I would like to get back to a pop up window again to view all details!

I have searched message boards and all the settings but cannot figure it out!

Thank you, 

Eli

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Hi @Eli Neal 

If you're using the New Issue View - you can switch between sidebar and dialog view - dialog opens the issue as a pop-up above your board.

To change this click the options icon (3-dots in top-right of the board) and select "Open issues in dialog".

Eli Neal April 15, 2020

@Monika Rani Thank you so, so much! This worked perfectly. I could not find that for the life of me. Stay safe!

2 votes
Tim Guest April 13, 2023

Hi - I can't get this to work. I seemingly have no options to make the issues appear in a pop-up. How can I fix this?

Ben Jones April 26, 2023

I have the same thing - the three dot options mentioned on multiple Jira pages dont exist for me.

Ben Jones April 26, 2023

Ah ok if you are in kanban mode only, you can click an issue and only in the 3 dot menu within the issue do you see this option - its not available in Roadmap/Backlog.

Suggest an answer