How do I show leave or vacation time in Jira

tonywilliams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2020

I have been asked to show leave or vacation time in Jira. How do I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2023

Hi there,

I realize that I might be necroposting, but you can achieve this quite efficiently with Out of Office Assistant.

This is how it looks like:

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 1.14.16 PM.png

Note that vacations can be scheduled directly on the app or synced with outlook or Google Calendar via Zapier.

For full disclosure, this app is manufactured by my employer, resolution GmbH

Alex Ziegltrum July 31, 2023

Hi @Jaime Capitel _resolution_ 

is integrating "OOOA" with Outlook via Zapier the only way you can achieve it, to get absences to Jira?

Thanks, Alex

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2023

Hi @Alex Ziegltrum !

Sorry for the late response, I was, quite aptly, on vacation for a couple of weeks.

Yes, currently Zapier is the only way you can send absences to Jira from Outlook. Would that be a blocker for you?

There's also an available REST API, so if you have technical expertise on your team, it would also be possible to make a custom integration to whatever you're using.

Like Alex Ziegltrum likes this
Alex Ziegltrum August 30, 2023

Hey @Jaime Capitel _resolution_ ,

is your API available publicly and could you share the link to the documentation?

Thanks!

Marketplace Partner
August 30, 2023

Hey @Alex Ziegltrum here you go:

https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/resolution-cloud/jira-outofoffice/1.0.2

Hope you can achieve what you're looking for!

Like Alex Ziegltrum likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2020

That depends on your requirements/goals. If you are looking for an integrated solution then you need to consider an addon like Tempo or similar. However, if you just want to create a calendar that you and the team can reference as an FYI then you could do that in Confluence.

Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

Hi @tonywilliams 
If you are talking about Boards, you may add "non working days" in the board configuration :
Capture.PNG

This date is the same for all the people sharing the board.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer