How do I put effort against a new bug now

Mamakoh Magona January 24, 2018

Before the update I previously I could put number of hours against a bug, but  that seems to have disappeared.   As I need to understand the effort required for bug fixing as well I would like some help.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Sounds like you're referring to the Work Log feature. Assuming I'm right, there are 4 things to check for (or ask your Jira admin to check for.) 

Time Tracking turned on - It's possible to turn Time Tracking off at the global level. You won't have the "Log Work" option under the "More" menu on the issue if it is turned off.

Permissions - You need to make sure your user has the appropriate Time Tracking permissions. In the Permission Scheme, you will be able to see what objects have the various time tracking perms. You need to be in the Role, Group, etc that grants that permission. you won't see the "Log Work" option under the "More" menu on the issue if you don't have permission.

Screens - Either the "Log Work" field or "Time Tracking" field needs to be present on the screen(s) that you want to log work against.

Field Configuration - It's possible to hide a field in the Field Configuration that is set on your Project. Make sure both the "Log Work" and "Time Tracking" field are not hidden. If they have a "Hide" link next to them, they are not hidden.

I hope that helps.

Mamakoh Magona January 24, 2018

Thank you will try these suggestions when I get to work.

Mamakoh Magona January 25, 2018

have tried it but seems to have been missing something because I am still struggling in finding were you input effort required i.e. story points in new user stories.  and it use to be hours in bugs.

Suggest an answer