How do I parse the incoming emails into Issue fields?

hasnae dada July 26, 2018

Hello everyone, 

I have an issue, My emails body looks like this:

Message from : test.test@gmail.com

Phone  : +152xxxxx

Subject: Hello test

and it's written directely to the descrition field, so I want to get JIRA to parse the content of the description field and populate the other issue fileds without using any add-on, is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2018

Hello Hasnae,

When you set up Jira Service Desk to create tickets via email, you can use the subject and message as the summary and description.

However, you won't be able to fill in custom fields without an add-on. For more information, have a look here:

Regards,

Shannon

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

@Shannon S Hi. What is the situation in 2021?

Can we use Automation for Jira to parse the email body into Jira issue fields? This was suggested as a workaround recently: Update field value from email request.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi Kalin,

Thank you for tagging me. I recommend raising a new question in the Community and see if others have more updated recommendations. There might be a better way to do it now.

Take care,

Shannon

Like Kalin U likes this

Suggest an answer