Update field value from email request

Raquel Badenas September 18, 2020

Hi!

Is it possible to complete the field value of a task generated from an email? In body email I have the fields value and I want to send this value to Jira Issue

Thanks!

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

If you are asking if you can influence (update) the value of a field based on the create email message body then you can do this OOTB using Automation. Here is a quick example of where I change the priority based upon email body.

Project_automation_-_JIRA.jpg

Great! I tried and it's perfect. Thank you so much!

0 votes
Muhammad Akram Sharifi August 5, 2022

Hi @Raquel Badenas 

here is my screenshot for the similar automation, Not sure if you still need it or not.

automation.PNG

0 votes
Muhammad Akram Sharifi August 5, 2022

t

0 votes
Muhammad Akram Sharifi January 17, 2022

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

do you have a youtube video for this listener? 

can you please send the name or the link of the video?

0 votes
Pathan Zubair Khan November 17, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

How this rule works for custom fields.  

For example, in the email body, we have fields.  

Customer Account:   

Hardware Platform:

How can we update them to Issue? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

@Pathan Zubair Khan , when you add the action to edit issue you will be able to select which field you wish to edit. Begin typing in the field to see if your field is listed. Keep in mind the solution here deals with a known list of possible values. It does not dynamically extract the text from the description and insert into a field.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2020

Hi @Raquel Badenas 

Yes that is possible with the help of ScriptRunner for Jira on Cloud. You can write a listener that can be triggered on new email created. You can write code to parse the body (description) of the issue and process it to update a field.

Give it a try.

Ravi

Thanks Ravi!

Muhammad Akram Sharifi April 26, 2022

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

can you make a youtube video how to update issue fields from the body of email request?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events