How do I make a "Locked" field a required field for a certain Issue type?

Ikem Abellon February 25, 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to make "Sprint" a required filed for a certain issue type - bug. I figured out already that in-order to make a field required for a certain issue type, the "screens" and "fields" should be aligned as so not to affect the others.

Upon checking the Sprint field on the "fields" - there was no option to make it required unlike the others, I also noticed that there is a "Locked" beside Sprint. 

Is there a way we can make Sprint required even if it's locked? 

Thanks!

Locked.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

Hi @Ikem Abellon ,

First of all, I don't think it's a good practice to make sprint a required item when creating Issue. You can find a discussion of this issue in the community in the following post.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Making-sprint-a-required-field/qaq-p/87301

Secondly, if you have to do this, you can try to add validators to the creation of the workflow.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/working-with-workflows-776636540.html#Workingwithworkflows-workflowdesigner

TIM截图20200226174605.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

@Ikem Abellon  Hiii

If you are the administrator of Jira and can change the workflow, I suggest you make a parallel transition and in the condition choose Scripted (Groovy) Condition (JMWE add-on) and in Groovy script write "issue.get("issuetype")?.name == "Bug"".  And then in validator choose field required (sprint) and make a screen in transition that shows sprint field. So this transition is just for Bug issue type (Of course in main transition you should make a condition that if the issue type is not bug) .

Another way is to make a copy of the workflow and assign it just to your Bug issue type.

Suggest an answer