What command do I have to use for the initial clone?
git clone --bare email@example.com:bla.git
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:bla.git
The reason I am asking is that after some time, the clone gets really large (6.3 GB compared to about 600 MB for a freshly cloned bare repository), and git status
Is that expected? Do I have to work with bare repositories? Do I have to do a clean checkout from time to time? Do I have to clone with branches?
We are officially supporting Git Integration Plugin. As for you questions:
- both clone commands are supported
- bare clone makes sense for large repositories
- plugin fetches all available remote branches so no need to take care of that
- issue with modified files was fixed in version 1.2.11 (let me know which version of plugin you are using)
- as for clean checkout: yes making clean checkout makes plugin considerable faster. We are going to do it automatically in future versions of plugin.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs