How do I find the workflow entry or field layout item mentioned in a JIRA integrity check

Abhi Vaishnav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

I am running the JIRA integrity checker in order to use the Configuration Manager plugin. 

Both the plugins integrity checker and JIRA's integrity checker returns a list of invalid things... 

While the plugin gives an excellent explanation of what's wrong; it only shows one error at a time and re-directs me to run a full system integrity check. 

The full system integrity check takes A LONG time. When I did it through JIRA's internal checker - the server timed out. I tried to do it in sections and some sections do run in a timely manner and show me some errors. However, those errors are not very explanatory. 

I see something like this for example: 

ERROR: The field layout item with id 756674 has a reference to the deleted custom field with id customfield_16550. (JRA-4423)

ERROR: NCD-1196 - The workflow entry with id 323560 has an incorrect state. (JRA-4241)

How do I figure out what field layout item with id 756674 is? How about workflow entry with id 323560? 

The bigger question here I guess is, how did you guys figure out what JIRA's DB schema looks like? I am not doing any development work just troubleshooting and would love to be able to dive into the DB - but I don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated. 

With large JIRA instances, any advice on running integrity checks? Will the plugins integrity checker timeout or can I trust it to complete? 

Thank you, 

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2014

Hi, Abhi.

I didn’t understand you if you access to the DB. If you do, you should be able to figure out the field layout this way:

select * from fieldlayout where id = 756674;

The workflow is probably trickier, I’m not sure how, but this should help:

select * from workflowschemeentity;

I’m not sure if the ID in this select is the workflow ID, it is most likely the workflow scheme ID. 

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards.

Jaime Kirch da Silveira.

Daniel Bräutigam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2017

I used

select * from fieldlayoutitem where fieldidentifier = 'customfield_xxxxxx';

to select the layouts (replace xxxxxx with your id).

Suggest an answer