How do I delete a project in Jira Cloud

Hugh Guynn February 8, 2018

The Atlassian directions don't make any sense for Jira Cloud. I have all administrator privileges.  The directions for deleting, at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-editing-and-deleting-projects-844500729.html are:

1. Choose Jira home > Projects, and select the relevant project.
  2. Find the relevant project and click Delete.
  3. Read the friendly warning message and click Delete.
  4. Acknowledge the project has been deleted and head back to your list of remaining projects.

Lines 1 and 2 don't make any sense together ("select the relevant project" and then "find the relevant project"). If I open the project then there is no delete option anywhere that I can find. Please help.

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Hi Hugh

Sorry that you are having a hard time deleting a project. Assuming that you moved the issues if any to another project and that you really don't need it anymore otherwise you can archive it.

Attached is a screenshot from a JIRA cloud version. If you dont see the same screen please send us a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.03.18 PM.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

Any luck Hugh?

Like Abhishek Sen likes this
Hugh Guynn February 9, 2018

Yes, just did it and it worked. I think the bad directions threw me off, and it was the end of a long day, or I would have found it. Thanks very much for your help. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

Glad it worked! I completely understand you, I have many days like that myself :)

0 votes
Avigail_Manheim December 2, 2019

Go to "project settings" for the relevant project.
The delete option is on the left gray bar (see yellow highlighting in the image)Deleting a project_JiraCloud.PNG

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

Thanks Hugh!

Suggest an answer